Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Creamy Lemon Butter Cake

My dad LOVES anything lemon.  I remember him requesting  lemon bars after most Sunday meals.   Now with his kids out of the house and my mom retired from baking, he only gets lemon treats either on his birthday or on Father's Day.  For his birthday this year, I decided to make him a rich lemon cake marbled with creamy cheesecake.  Yes... he had a big smile on his face when he smelled that lemon in the air. 








It is my hope that someday I can have a lemon tree.  Yes, I know I live in a climate where this is an almost impossible dream, yet I still hold on.   I love baking with lemons and the smell that it leaves on my hands after squeezing its juices.  




This butter cake is complimented by a light lemon cheesecake which adds a freshness and makes it oh so decadent.  




Adapted from:  Cooking Classy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...