Thursday, August 22, 2013

Lemonhead Cookies

Well,  it is here.  The official last few days of summer.  I wait all winter to bath in the warmth of the sun and it is over in a blink.







This cookie is my farewell to my beloved sunshine.  It has one of my favorite summer flavors, lemon (it makes me happy just to think about it).   This recipe idea came to me from my mother; and I immediately jumped into the kitchen and started experimenting.   The lemon flavor comes from not only real lemons but... pulverized Lemonhead candy.  

Lemonheads are a hard candy that are on the verge of being too sour for my taste buds.  However, when they are crushed into a fine powder and mixed with butter and sugar- delicious!

These are fun cookies to make anytime of year, yet perfect to enjoy as we sadly say goodbye to our summer fun.  













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...