Monday, December 30, 2013

White Chocolate Butter Cookies with Peppermint Cream Filling

It isn't Christmas without baking.  The Christmas season is the perfect time to tryout new festive recipes.





These cookies have the same buttery texture as shortbread with a slight white chocolate flavor.  The peppermint cream filling is what really makes these the perfect Christmas cookie.   I doubled the recipe and took them to several Christmas parties.

You can see from the picture that my filling turned out a pretty color of pink,  this was from crushing the candy cane too much.  I gave the job of crushing to my husband and he pounded them into dust. (maybe holiday stress?).   Next time,  I will leave the candy canes more intact so to have a white cream with larger candy cane pieces.

Dusting the cookies with powdered sugar added a special snowy touch.




Recipe adapted from:  Beyond Frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...