Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Peaches Peaches Peaches

I come from a long line of "canners".   My mom and grandma and great grandma and so on until who knows when have all been amazing food preservers.   I have seen pictures of my grandmother's cold cellar with shelves full of bottled food that grew in their own gardens.   I can't even imagine the amount of work and time it took for them to grow a successful garden, pick and bottle the food, and yet still take care of a family and a house.  This makes me feel so lazy.





I am lucky to have learned a little about bottling from my mother who herself has spent many hours bottling mostly peaches, pears, apricots, and apple pie filling.   She has specific tips on bottling peaches that are recited before and during every bottling experience.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...