Friday, June 28, 2013

Vegetable Spring Rolls with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce

102 degrees outside = no oven inside.    We are now into the summer heat (which I still prefer over the negative 10 degrees we had this past winter).  In this heat, I have no desire use the stove or oven, so this recipe is a perfect no cook meal.

Spring rolls are a great way to get your family to eat a variety of vegetables.  I love making these when there is produce that needs to be eaten.  You can really use any vegetables or fruit you have on hand.  One of my favorite elements in these rolls is the cilantro.  I love the freshness it adds to the vegetables, but I plan on experimenting with other fresh herbs to mix it up.

Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce is our favorite recipe for dipping.  You can adjust the spiciness based on how hot you can handle.  My "secret" ingredient in this recipe is the toasted sesame oil.  It gives the sauce an extra oomph of Asian flavor.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...