Monday, July 1, 2013

Lemon Meringue Pie Ice Cream

The only dessert that I want to make in the summer is ice cream.  It is easy, refreshing and the flavor combinations are endless.  The best part is that there is no oven to turn on.






I have always loved lemon desserts.  As a child, instead of a decorated birthday cake, I asked for lemon pie.  It was either lemon meringue pie, lemon pudding pie, or lemon sour cream pie.  Whatever kind it was, I loved it!

Lemon Meringue Pie Ice Cream combines my favorite summer dessert with my favorite flavor.   The addition of marshmallows, lemon curd, and graham cracker crumbles really makes this taste like a cold lemon meringue pie.

Since I couldn't find any egg free lemon curd at the store, I had to make my own.  It turned out amazing!  The texture was surprisingly very jelly and it set up quite a bit.  If you make the egg free lemon curd,  I would suggest adding it to your ice cream before it cools all the way.



The graham cracker crumbles are easy to make, but you could also use a store bought graham cracker crust and crush it as well.  Making the crumbles ensures that they stay crunchy in the ice cream. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...