Thursday, June 6, 2013

Cookie Dough Cream Cheese Ice Cream

This is our all time favorite vanilla ice cream recipe.  It is incredibly smooth and creamy; the cream cheese adds a unique spin on the classic vanilla flavor.





Of course, the addition of cookie dough just throws this ice cream "out of bounds" as Guy Fieri would say.  The ratio of ice cream to cookie dough is perfect to ensure dough in each bite.

I found that it works best to form the dough into 1/2 tsp size balls, freeze them on a lined baking sheet and combine them with the churned ice cream.  This makes it so you don't have to worry about the dough breaking up while churning.

Yes, we love this recipe and make it often.  I will be posting more flavor experiments with this ice cream base as I get more daring. 




Cookie Dough adapted from:  Brown eyed baker

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing! I think I'll make it next week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...