Saturday, April 6, 2013

Homemade "Peanut butter" Candy

I love making homemade candy-  and Easter is my second favorite holiday because of the yummy treats. (Christmas is when the mother load of goodies are made in my kitchen).






One of the first thoughts when we found out that our son had a peanut allergy was, " No more Reese's?!"  My poor husband.  Those are his all time favorite treat.   Fortunately we have found two peanut butter alternatives that seem to fill our cravings.   The first is Sunbutter, which is ground sunflower seeds and Wow Butter, ground and roasted soy beans.  Although the taste and texture of these are different than peanut butter, they come very close to taste in baking.

This recipe comes from the Brown Eyed Baker, however I substituted a mixture of Sunbutter and Wow butter instead of peanut butter-  Either way, they turned out delish and had the perfect texture!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...